Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday morning musings

Why do multiple bulbs burn out at the same time? It seems like if bulbs that came from the same box, and were put in the socket together burn out within days of each other. Are there bulb gremlins in my house? Or are the bulbs made so precisely that they fail exactly together


Why does my kid jump on my stomach? It hurts. Why don't I feel like stopping him? Is it karma for jumping on my parent's stomach? Is this why I have a big belly? Is his son going to jump on him? Are we stuck in an endless cycle of being jumped on by our kids? Is this hell? Why does it feel like heaven?

The temperature inside the house is 68 F. The temperature outside is 35 F. Windows are made of glass. There is a 33F differrence between the outside and inside of each window pane. Does the glass contract on the outside? Does the glass curve? Why doesn't it break? At what temperature will it break? Surely there is someone who has tested the glass to check at what temperature it will shatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment